Tuesday, May 1, 2012

not just may day anymore


Everybody knows it's May Day, but it is ALSO Lei Day!

In Hawaii they make sure to get their lei on. There is even a song from 1927 called "May Day is Lei Day in Hawaii."

It's true! Jason Mraz even sings it! That must mean it's historical!

It is also Save The Rhino Day. A day when we praise the rhinoceros for all its knee-less goodness.

I know it's fun to celebrate all sorts of different days, but I REALLY think we should combine these two!

You put a lei on a rhinoceros and what do you get? A happy rhino that won't run into you and horn you into next week.

Which would be bad because next week is NOT Lei Day OR Rhino Day. If you get horned into next week, you'll just be celebrating No Socks Day.

And the LAST thing you want is to be riding a rhino without any socks on. It's terribly uncomfortable. For you and the rhino.

I think I'm writing about a lot of "Days" these days. It might be because I have nothing else to write about (probably), but it also might have to do with the "What Every Day Is" calendar that I got for Buy Somebody A Calendar Day last month.

Either way, it's all you got.

I'm off to check my calendar.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment