Monday, October 1, 2012

run to swim


For some reason, a lot happens when I run. I mean, I barely go anywhere. I use the same route every day. But it's always interesting!

This time, it was my own fault. See, I went running in my bathing suit. And it was amazing.

I have these "running" shorts. They're made out of some material that's supposed to be good for exercise or something. I don't know. I see people wear them at the gym. They're cool. I like them.

But, for reasons I'd rather not say, I did not have my C9 running shorts. Nor did I have my running shoes. For a possibly related, or unrelated, reason I'd rather not say.

What was I going to do?! I needed to run! So I put on my bathing suit and converse.

Guess what! It worked! The bathing suit was great! It was cloudy out, too. So if it rained, BAM! I got my bathing suit on! It's actually made to become wet!

I don't know why more people aren't running in their bathing suits. I know they're made for bathing, but really, we should change the name to "bathing or running or various water-possible activity suits."

Not only is that a catchy name, it's also much more accurate. Seeing how I never take a bath, the suit is kinda useless most of the time.

Oh, and the shoes worked well, too. I don't know why I have specific running shoes. Seems silly.

Well...full disclosure...I did get a stomach cramp and my shoulder was hurting a little. I don't THINK it had anything to do with my converse or my bathing suit.

Unless it was a hex made by my real running shoes and shorts because they were unhappy with me for using other running supplies.

But really, it's their own fault for not being there. For reasons I cannot say. Possibly due to embarrassment. Possibly due to magic.

I'm off to run in the rain.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment