Friday, December 21, 2012

pillow fight


I'm fighting with my pillows. We're still talking to each other. It's very civil. But I'm having trouble with the pillow case.

My pillow wants to fight me every time I put its clothes on! Every. Single. Time. I mean, the pillow can't just lay around naked!

The problem I'm finding is that my new pillow is floofy. For this new puffy pillow, I bought a pillow case. Unfortunately, the case BARELY fits on! It's so tight!

I have a VERY old pillow that I LOVE. It's flatter than flat. And putting a pillow case on that one is easy. It pretty much falls in.

I also love that the case is loose on it. It gives it wiggle room. This, in turn, gives my head wiggle room. And I love to wiggle my head at night!

Am I the only one who would like pillow cases to fit loosely on their pillow? Do people really prefer the tight case?

I understand that on rare occasions (most of the time) I have a very different preference than the rest of the world. In this case, my preference might be different to the world at rest.

(Puns TOTALLY intended there! I thought it was kinda clever. Bed companies will think it's funny. I hope.)

I have decided I'm going to hire somebody to make pillow cases for me. YES! I'm going to get them specially made! Because I can't live with what society tells me is the perfect pillow case!

Take that pillow case dictators! I'm fighting back with a friend, a needle, and a spool of thread!

You thought you could hold me down? Silence me with pillowy softness? No way! I can keep my eyes open no matter how soft you make your jersey cotton cases!

I'm off to take a nap with wiggles. Not THE wiggles, just wiggles. Unless Jeff is around, he’s always napping. (Funny Wiggles joke!)

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment