Friday, January 11, 2013

oh my gourd


If you're looking for the blood of a beheaded king, look no further than a gourd!

There is blood on a handkerchief that scientists believe belongs to King Louis XVI. That's 16th, if you don't read Roman Numerals. And you shouldn't. They're not really numbers. They're letters. Romans were lazy and figured letters were good for everything. They were wrong, no matter what any algebra teacher tells you.

Some family in Italy had a "souvenir squash" with the handkerchief in it.

Let me say that again...an Italian family had a "SOUVENIR SQUASH" with a HANDKERCHIEF in it.

Because that's not weird at all. It makes my collection of seashell-people collection seem totally sane.

The gourd was also engraved. (I'm totally not making any of this up.) It said, "On January 21, Maximilien Bourdaloue dipped his handkerchief in the blood of Louis XVI after his decapitation."

This is a commemorative gourd. With blood inside. That some guy decided to save. And a family kept as a souvenir.

Am I the only person disturbed by this?! I mean, really! Who does that?! This is not healthy behaviour!

Sorry about that "u." I sometimes spell things like I'm British. I could blame it on watching a lot of British TV, but that doesn't make sense because I don't actually see words, I just hear them. Sadly, I have no other excuse.

But I'm not concerned about it because I never kept a bloody handkerchief in a commemorative gourd. And knowing I never did that makes me feel like I can pretty much do anything and nobody can call me crazy.

Maybe this was normal in 1793, but I'm gonna say no. Just...no.

I'm off to engrave a squash. Order yours today. Cheap. Blood optional.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment