Wednesday, January 30, 2013

oh my wow of wowness!


I can't even describe how crazy-awesome this is! Go Science! Go Medical Science! Go Human Bodayyyyy!

Have you heard about this guy who got the double-arm transplant? If not, Brendan Marrocco lost all four limbs during the Iraq War in 2009. About a month ago, they put some new arms on him. THAT HE CAN MOVE.

Yes, they attached human arms to him! He had a press conference and used his NEW arms to get himself into the room on a wheelchair.

Remember! These were arms he did NOT have a month ago! And he's using them now. HUMAN ARMS!

How is this not the most amazing thing ever?!

If it were me, I would have asked for one arm to be from a polar bear and the other to be a super-strong "transform-into-anything" robot arm.

Luckily, I don't have to think about anything like that. Mostly because the most dangerous thing I do is read comic books. Which could give me a paper cut, but not fancy robot arms.

I don't have much else to say about this. I just had to share, because, you know, HE HAS NEW HUMAN ARMS. The fact that we can actually do this literally blows my mind.

And no, you don't have to define literally and figuratively to me. I know what I said and I said what I meant and I meant what I said what I know. My mind has officially blown out. Possibly needing a robotic replacement. If one's available.

This is an amazing world we live in. For reals this time. Not like when I talk about the amazing softness from pillow technology. Which is cool, but boiling hot compared to the coolness of new human arm transplantationing.

I'm off to sit in awe of science.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment