Wednesday, January 16, 2013

pictures on the door


I like rooms with pictures on the doors. I feel very ancient Egyptian. Like bathrooms. Instead of wasting a lot of space on the door saying "This is a bathroom for the male gender," or "This door opens the way to a bathroom for women," all they do is put a nondescript humanish thing on the door with either their hands facing straight down, for men, or their arms lifted a little due to a triangle-ish outfit, for women. (Yes, that was a long sentence.)

I would like triangley clothes. They seem comfortable. Sadly, I cannot find any. If I did, I still wouldn't go into the women's room.

A woman DID go into the men's room, though! JUST as I was walking to the sink, the door opened and an older lady walked in. She said, "Sorry, the other bathroom is closed."

She SAID sorry, but I could hear in her voice that she wasn't really sorry at all. Possibly because she had to go to the bathroom. Sometimes when I really have to go, I get cranky, so I won't hold it against her.

Perhaps the door should have a sign that says, "Men...and sometimes Women. If the other Women is closed."

In MORE bathroom adventures (it was a busy week!), I got to hear music in there! It's pretty common to hear people's phones go off while in the bathroom. So, sometimes I get to hear a minute of a song before going to voicemail.

Or, in some cases, before the guy in the stall answers it. Which is...their prerogative.

But it's VERY rare that I just hear music! Like, somebody in the stall listening to their playlist. Not a phone call. Just an "I'm-bored-so-I'll-listen-to-music" situation.

Maybe the gentleman was a little shy and wanted cover music. Which is fine. That's totally understandable.

Maybe the sign on the door should have a picture of musical notes on it. Just as a warning.

Or it could say "Men...and sometimes Women. If the other Women is closed. With the possible chance of music playing."

If I learned anything from ancient Egypt, all I'd have to do is have a picture of a guy and a gal with musical notes over their head.

Of course, I might think it's a discotheque and not a bathroom. And that would be cool to have down the hall, but not as useful. Even though ancient Egyptian discotheques were fun. They had disco pyramids instead of disco balls. It was awesome.

I'm off to put on a triangle.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment