Friday, April 5, 2013

the sun sets in my eyes


Do you have a sun visor in your car? I do. I'm pretty sure most cars do. You might use it early in the morning or later in the day when the sun is trying to burn your eyes with its awesomeness.

My visor is pretty good. It can go low enough to help out. It's kinda short, though. Like, to the right. Because if the sun is next to my rearview mirror, it still cooks my brain. I'm thinking of buying some attachment to make it block a wider area.

Or maybe just duct tape some cardboard to the edge. Which would be cheaper and more fun to decorate. I have Sharpies.

As exciting as this whole conversation is (it's really not), I DO have a point. Are you like me and feel like you can’t see anything when your visor is down?

I know it's only blocking my vision of the sky. I can totally still see the road, so why am I so messed up by this? I think the only risk I have is maybe missing a bird flying by or a falling rock or a UFO (which I totally saw last night).

So why do I feel like I'm not seeing anything? I think it's all psychological. Which I think means it's all in my head.  But I am wondering if there is some fact to it.

OH! I heard the other day that stolen cars go to Mexico or overseas all the time. How random is that? Like, living in South Dakota, do you know how long it would take to get to Mexico? Or even get to a boat to go to China or something?!

That's crazy hard. I do NOT have the drive (pun intended) to become a car thief. They will work harder for one car than I'll probably ever work in my whole life. I don't know why they don't just find an easier job. I guess I'm too lazy for that.

And I hate getting the sun in my eyes and that's probably a real work hazard with car thieves.

I'm off to block out the sun.

Enjoy everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment