Friday, October 4, 2013

rhymes with food and good and yummy

I tried more new foods! Well, I guess you really can’t call all of it food. But it IS all edible!

It’s Halloween season again! That means candy corn…and…well…I guess that’s really the only specific Halloween candy…is back!

There are a lot of other things that come out with different flavors for Halloween, but you really only get candy corn as a new item. And until recently, I wasn’t a fan of candy corn. (Now that I am a fan, I like to say I’m a “Fandy Corn.”)

I am ALSO a fan of things that TASTE like it! Like candy corn flavored M&M’s! They’re made with white chocolate, which I don’t usually like. But cover that white chocolate with a candy coating? Love it!

A new surprise for me this year is Starburst Fruit Flavored Candy Corn! This is so good! It has the texture of candy corn, but tastes more like a jelly bean. Kind of like a jelly bean without the outer shell.

Whoa…how crazy is that?! Some things taste better WITH an outer shell and some taste better WITHOUT the outer shell! This Halloween is LITERALLY blowing my mind out of its outer shell! I think I’m having a Halloween existential crisis!

But before things get TOO crazy, let’s talk about more fun foods I tried! Cotton Candy grapes! Have you tried these? Through some sort of cross-pollinating fun, they made these grapes taste like Cotton Candy! Because, well, we always want our actual foods to NOT taste like what they are!

They were…ok. I mean, the bag smelled really good! And they were a much sweeter tasting grape than usual. Buuuuuuuuut…they did not make me think I was eating pure cotton candy. Well…pure is a word used loosely. As a sweet grape, they were good.

Also! I tried some MORE real food! Broccolini! I love broccoli, but never tried its “ni” variety. It tasted good, but I think I like broccoli better. Broccolini is more stalk than shrubbery. I LOVE the shrubbery part. I’m not a stalker.

I’m off to cotton my candy and corn.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment