Tuesday, March 20, 2012

aliens are not mutants

I have to comment on this being the comic book fan that I am. I apologize in advance.

So, Michael Bay said he was going to make the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles aliens for the new movie. To make it more believable.

The weird thing is, they don't have to be aliens. They're already mutants. So...that explains the fact that they are turtles that can do ninja things.

Now, theoretically, aliens can be mutated, too. I won't deny that. I've seen it happen plenty of times. I do have the power of intergalactic space travel.

And my parents are pod people. So, you know, I've kinda seen it all.

Except turtles mutating on other planets. THAT I have not seen.

I HAVE seen all three Transformers movies. I was able to stay awake through the first one. The next two were about as interesting as a rock playing tennis against a snail on a molasses court.

Okay, I admit, that sounds TOTALLY interesting. I would watch that forever.

I could NOT watch the Transformers movies forever. That would hurt my pancreas. A lot.

Now, I've seen a lot of TMNT (TANT if they're aliens) movies/comics/tv shows in my day and there's some really bad stuff. Like, REALLY bad. But it wasn't because I didn't believe they could exist. It was just awful storytelling.

Can Michael Bay afford to hire some awesome writers to make a really good movie using alien turtles? Yes, he could.

Can Michael Bay afford to paint himself gold and change his teeth with rare pink diamonds while riding an elephant? Yes, he could.

Doesn't mean it's a good idea, though.

I complain out of love. That is all.

And because I'm a total geek.

I'm off to cowabunga.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment