Wednesday, April 4, 2012

hello, my name is larry

You know, Larry, right? The Quaker oat head guy!

YEP! His name is Larry! Not what I thought it would be. I've only met two Larrys in my life and one of them was a cucumber.

The other one was a human. But he liked cucumbers in his salad.

They were not friends.

When you think of Quakers, do you think of the name "Larry?" Really? He looks more "colonial" than a Larry, right? Like Nathaniel or Gervase or Elias. NOPE! His name is Larry.

Well, Quaker-Larry got a new look! Because, you know, the old look just wasn't cuttin it.

It's hard to notice, but if you squint, you'll see that his double chin is gone. Larry's been going to the chin-gym.

He also got a little trim of the white hairs so he doesn't look like such a hippy.

AND, he's showing a little more shoulder. Larry's gettin saucy!

So now, when you're sitting with your tub of Quaker Oats pondering life, look to Larry and tell him he looks good.

If he tells you something back, run. Run as fast as you can. That means your tub of oats is possessed and probably wants to eat you and turn you into some sort of oat-zombie.

Or, if you're lonely like me, keep talking to Larry and worry about the oat-zombiness later.

I'm off to roll my oats.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment