Monday, July 9, 2012

really big mega time!


Frisbee is trademarked. Wham-O owns the name. I wanted to make sure you knew that. I also wanted to make sure they knew that I gave them total credit for it. 

Before the kids in CT started calling it a Frisbee (trademarked), it was called a Pluto Platter!

But the Pluto Platter and Frisbee (trademarked) are just some of the many names that describe a FLYING DISC!

That's what it is! I love tossing the ol' flying disc around. I always have one in my car. Just in case. I go with a classic 140-gram disc. Good for all occasion discing. Don't want to go heavyweight if you're with a novice, you know?

Maybe you're not a novice. Maybe you're a little more wild. Maybe...perhaps...you're a little more mega. We can't all be mega, but some of us are born that way.

Me and Lady Mega included.

That is why I'm happy to see the REALLY BIG MEGA FLYING DISC! YES! The average flying disc is 20-25 cm in diameter. The REALLY BIG MEGA FLYING DISC is a whopping 58.42 cm!

That's not just really. That's not just big. That's not even just MEGA! THAT'S REALLY BIG MEGA!

What do you do with something REALLY BIG MEGA?

TOSS IT!

At least that's what it says on the display at the supermarket. I'm surprised the supermarket could contain such a disc. It's only super.

Now a REALLY BIG MEGA MARKET? THAT is the kind of place I would expect such radical items. But since the market is called Big Y, they are allowed to carry BIG items. Really and mega, too.

I've said it for years, I don't need to invent anything, I just need to make something bigger and give it a bigger name.

Expect a SUPER HUGE MEGALICOUS FLYING AMAZO DISC in stores next year. A minimum of 79.34 cm.

Take that Pluto Platter. You're not a planet any more. You're just a pie pan.

I'm off to toss it.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment