Monday, August 20, 2012

let's talk about socks


I was at the store the other day buying socks. YES! SOCKS! I have an issue with socks. It's a love/hate relationship. I don't want to talk about it.

I will say that I want to be a sock model. Like those guys on the sock bags. That's awesome! All I have to do is smile and wear socks!

Then, some guy would see me and say, "Hey...you're the ankle-length sock guy!"

I would lift up my pant leg and say, "My nicely covered ankles agree with you!"

Then we would high-five in slow motion. And ankle-five even slower. Not for dramatic effect, but hitting ankles kinda hurts and we want to be gentle.

As I was staring at socks, imaging my glamorous life as a sock model, I heard some kids crying. That's normal. Because until you get a credit card, you can't buy everything you want at the store and that stinks. It's up to the parents to decide. And parents are WAY too responsible.

These kids wanted something bad, but they weren't getting it. Mom knew what to do, though. She said, "If you don't stop fussing, I will call the manager of the store and they will put you in a time-out!"

WOW! Can you actually do that?! Will store managers really put kids in a time-out? Is there a time-out section in every store? Built into the break room or something?

I plan on testing this out. I will get very fussy while looking at socks (which happens anyway) and see if I get put in a time-out by the manager.

I'll report back to you with my findings.

And my socks.

I'm off to cause a sock scene.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment