Monday, September 24, 2012

pets from mars


I'm not shy about my mars-rover-crush on Curiosity. It's pretty awesome.

Besides being a crazy-awesome adventurer, Curiosity now has a pet! A pet rock named Jake! How cool is that?!

What? You don't think that's cool? Okay. I've got a few minutes to kill. You go call all your friends and tell me how many of them have a pet on mars. Seriously. Go call. I'll wait.

...

So...anybody? Anybody at all? NOBODY! That's right! You don't know anybody with a pet on Mars!

That's what makes Jake so cool! Instead of playing catch, Curiosity will play "elemental composition" with Jake. It's a fun game involving a spectrometer. And instead of petting, there will be "laser-zapping."

Don't worry, Jake LOVES laser-zapping. It's, like, his second favorite thing. Right after being a rock. ON MARS.

I once had a pet twig on Neptune, but he went to a twig farm. That's what my parents told me. We used to play all sorts of games. House, hide & seek, tea chat, Stratego, Boggle. The usual. Then one day I guess he felt the need for more space. So he went to a twig farm.

I guess I was smothering him. I don't know. I would have given him more space if he needed it. Maybe I should go to a farm. I need some space from you, twig. I NEED MY SPACE TOO, YOU KNOW!

Ahem...sorry...still a little sensitive.

I'm off to adopt a rock.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment