Friday, September 7, 2012

retraction and a toothbrush


Um...so...I maybe got a little too excited about Voyager 1 yesterday. Well...the press release got a little too excited and I may have possibly by chance encouraged that excitement with many exclamation points.

Sooooooo...Voyager 1 IS really far away from us. Like, 11 billion miles away. That part hasn't changed. BUT! It's not really escaping the plasma bubble that surrounds our solar system. It looks like that could take another 15 years. So yeah...

What ISS cool?! Astronauts on the International Space Station (Get the ISS joke now at the beginning of this paragraph? Funny, right?) were able to install a "critical power-switching box" with the help of a toothbrush! YES! ALWAYS travel with a toothbrush! There were some metal shavings in the socket and they just brushed them out. Now the socket has no cavities.

How's that for awesome space news! And I'm pretty almost sure that it won't be retracted!

OH! Speaking of retraction...sorta. My body kinda retracted some cereal. I was eating cereal and choked on a flake. (I don't know WHY air and food has the same entry. It's very troublesome.) Somehow, this flake went up my nose! So I had to blow my nose to get the flake pieces out!!!

SO GROSS!

I couldn't stop laughing! It was epic!

Now THAT will not be retracted. Though, some people might wish it wasn't even tracted in the first place.

I'm off to tract and retract myself.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment