Tuesday, September 11, 2012

the power of chess


I know how to play chess. Not well, but I know the rules. Regular chess. I've never actually played Wizard's Chess or Tri-Dimensional Chess. I would LIKE to play those, but I am not in Hogwarts. Nor am I on the Enterprise.

Since I only know how to play non-futuristic, muggle chess, my friend asked me to help her out. She wants to learn.

I would love to teach her some of the basics, but I have a small problem.

I can't play chess without singing "The Power" by Snap. You know, "I got the power! Ducga dunneh neh neh." I like that part.

So when I move my knight, I have to sing. It's a weird compulsion and I just can't stop it.

This does NOT psych the other player out. I still lose. A lot. I also lose all my chess-playing friends this way.

But you know what?! I won't stop! If people can't handle my chessness, then they can take their chess somewhere else!

You know why?

Because I GOT THE POWER! DUCGA DUN NEH NEH NEH!

I'm off to check and mate.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment