Wednesday, September 19, 2012

tilt a head


I've noticed that lately I tilt my head back to drink sometimes. Like, I take a drink, and then instead of just swallowing it, I look up at the ceiling first and let the beverage just fall down!

Is that weird? I mean, I don’t actually have a problem swallowing food or beverages. I do it all the time. I just ate an apple a few minutes ago and deglutition went off without a hitch.

So why do I do that? Am I lazy? Is my esophagus getting lazy? Is that a problem? Is there a medical problem with a lazy esophagus?

Esophagus is a fun word. OH! I wonder if that is the full, proper name for people called Gus!

“Hello! What’s your name, friend!”

“Esophagus Maximilian Partugalian.”

“Well, that is quite the fancy name!”

“Yes, but all my friends call me Gus. And since you are my friend, you should also call me Gus"

“Whoa there Gus! I was just saying “friend” to be cordial. Let’s not get all huggy yet!”

That was the conversation I had earlier at the gas station. It makes more sense to me now.

Poor Esophagus. He probably thinks I’m saying he’s lazy now. I’m not. I promise.

He did take a swig of coffee and then tilt his head up, though…just sayin…

I’m off to lazily drink.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment