Monday, September 17, 2012

to boldly go


I saw a squirrel running across the road the other day. Not just any road. A HIGHWAY road! That’s right! This little rodent didn't care about seeing cars driving north and figured the view of them driving south might be better, so he wanted to cross the highway.

THAT is a bold maneuver.

I know that it's bold because I’ve seen the afterwards of "those who didn't make it." And when someone is brave enough to try it again, I give them major credit.

And credit is given to Odysseus the Squirrel! Who made it across 91 North! I know his name because he told me. We had a moment while he was crossing. I slowed down a little so I wouldn’t hurt him. And as I did that, he looked at me. I just "knew" everything I needed to know.

He chose me to tell his story. And tell his story I did! The brave tale of the squirrel that went westward to get a new life!

I once saw a bear crossing the road. That wasn’t as epic. I mean, it was just to get to the other side. It wasn’t like a journey or anything.

Now if that bear had a squirrel-head? THAT would be something! You don't see those very often!

At least, I don't. I don't know who you hang out with, but if that's something you see every day, I want to meet your friends.

Partly because you hang with an interesting crowd. Mostly because I have no friends.

I'm off to explore with the squirrels.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment