Monday, October 22, 2012

spider on my wings


Let me start off by telling you how excited I am about something. I found out that those mirrors on the side of your car are called wings!

Yeah! The rear view mirror is the one IN the car, but the two that can have objects closer than they appear are called wings! (Also door mirror or side mirror.)

OUR CARS HAVE WINGS! (No Red Bull copyright issues...I hope...)

Take that, planes! You think you're so fancy with your wings and flights and stuff. My car has wings, too! And flight!

Well, on my driver's side wing, there was a spider. It was making a web. And I guess admiring its work at the same time. You know, because it was on a mirror. It was a very vain spider.

Wing-mirror-spider was doing its thing, but I had to go somewhere. So I started driving. On the highway. For 45 minutes! I got to my destination and the spider was still there!

It hung on the whole time!

How do these things do that?! I can't imagine holding onto a car for that long! Or at those speeds! I mean, my car can go pretty fast. I once got it up to 76 mph. THAT is really fast. Faster than a plane, I bet.

I figured that since the spider hung on the whole drive, it deserved to keep its home on my wing. I can't imagine it's a great home to catch flies and whatnot, but if the spider wants to stay, it gets to stay.

So Lysandra (the spider) had a new home. Well...did...until my drive home. Then Lysandra was gone.

That's your lesson for today. Don't name your pet wing-spider. They always leave after that.

I'm off to fly my car.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment