Wednesday, January 2, 2013

the loaner


I had to get my car fixed recently. There were some issues. I would explain to you what they were if I understood them.

I don't. I know there was a plug and a cap. Those were the only words I knew. The very helpful guy at the car place explained it to me many times. Each time I got confused.

Here's what I CAN tell you. My engine light came on. A lot. My car shook and shaked. And after the plug and the cap were both fixed, the light doesn't come on and there is less shakery.

During the car fixing time, I got to drive ANOTHER car! For a day! It was pretty awesome! They just gave this car to me! They totally trusted me with it!

This car didn't just come with regular car features. It came with extra "other people" treats! They left surprises for me.

I don't know if it's tradition to leave something in a loaner, but I left nothing. I didn't have anything fun to leave.

Somebody left 4 pennies. That was cool. Nothing fancy, but at least they left something.

There was also a round, pink tablet in the center cup holder. I have NO idea WHAT this pink tablet was. I didn't touch it. I just...stared at it. It looked like it had some sort of engraving on it, but it faded away.

It was like an ancient Egyptian artifact. I may never know what the pink tablet was truly meant for. I like to think it was for good luck.

There was also a picture for me! From Strawberry Shortcake. There was a picture of Raspberry Torte. Already colored in.

On the back of that, there was a maze! To get Strawberry to the Berry Bitty Boutique! The maze was NOT completed. I thought that if the next person who gets the car has a child, this will be a fun treat for them!

THAT is my gift in the loaner. I fought the urge to complete the maze so the next person could do it.

I'm very giving. I REALLY wanted to get to the Berry Bitty Boutique, too. They had some great hats and scarves.

Oh well. Maybe next time.

I'm off to rasp my berry.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment