Monday, March 25, 2013

apostrophusion


An area in England has decided to get rid of the apostrophe from their street signs because it's too confusing. Luckily, the APS was there to make sure that DIDN'T happen!

Oh, the APS is the Apostrophe Protection Society. They exist because...um...I guess they want to make sure the apostrophe doesn't get pushed around by other, bigger punctuations and typographical marks.

IMAGINE the confusion when driving around Devonshire and you're looking for King's Crossing (a crossing officially owned by the king) and you come across Kings Crossing (a place where you would see many kings crossing at the same time)!

It would be chaos! Rampant, unapostrophed, King's/Kings chaos!

You would never know if Lloyds Hill had many Lloyds on it or if it were actually owned by a Lloyd! And I am not kidding when I say that I have ALWAYS wondered that! (I even have the T-Shirt to prove it!)

There was once a battle against the # (hash) that the apostrophe lost. Like, hardcore lost. Have you ever been on Twitter? You should be. It's awesome. But if anything is hash tagged, then the apostrophe is gone. Gone!

But I LOVE all punctuations and typographical marks! I can't go a day without thanking the ampersand or the guillemets!

For now, I can't have the best of both worlds. But don't tell the APS that I love Twitter. They will dash over and backslash me with a dagger. (Look up punctuations and that sentence is totally hilarious!)

I'm off to make more punctual jokes.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment