Friday, March 22, 2013

do not read this if you hate spiders


After years of research, bat studiers, or chiropterologists (I don't know if that's a real word) found out that bat-eating spiders are everywhere. Except Antarctica.

I honestly have NO idea why this was studied, but it's pretty scary to think about. Luckily, the spiders aren't bigger than the bats. They just catch them in their GIANT webs and eat them after.

Which is also pretty scary to think about, but not as scary as giant spiders.

And for some sadistic reason, the folks at LiveScience decided to add another piece of info to their article about bat-eating spiders. They said it's no big deal that spiders eat bats because there's a cave in Venezuela where giant centipedes kill and eat bats.

I'll give you two guesses where I will NOT be going on vacation. And I'll give you a hint. It rhymes with VENEZUELAN CAVES.

If you do have a family of pet bats, you should go to Antarctica. Bat-eating spiders aren't there. Possibly because bats don't live there.

Did you know that bats can't make Vitamin C? Luckily, vampire bats have an easy solution. They go for the Blood Orange. Full of blood AND Vitamin C! (Yay citrus!)

Unbat vampires might also have this solution, but I don't know any vampires.

I do know that all this week I talked about giant insects and stuff. Which is why I hope someday to form a team of X-Bugs with a magic butterfly, a mutated snail (with conveyor belt teeth) and a giant (friendly) centipede with a Venezuelan accent. Because ladies like that and when they make this idea into a movie, it will sell more tickets and I'll make more money to buy Blood Oranges.

I'm off to Antarctica.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment