Friday, March 1, 2013

mutant mosquito mayhem


This is kinda funny to me. It might not be as funny to you. But it really should be.

Let me start with the real story. Mosquitoes mutate in, like, an hour. They did a study with DEET to find out how effective it really is at keeping mosquitoes away.

Some guy put DEET on his arm and stuck it into a box of mosquitoes. They didn't like it.

A few hours later, they did it again to the same mosquitoes. Guess what?! They mutated! Their antennae changed so they didn't care about DEET any more and started eating the guy!

If they can mutate that quickly, they have the (unscientifically proven) ability to mutate into giant monsters that will eat all our blood and chocolate!

We do NOT want that!

You should be scared. But not too scared. The guy who did the study is Dr. James Logan.

Get it? I'll wait...Still no? I'll give you a hint WOLVERINE!

That's right! Wolverine is back! James Logan is Wolverine! Well...the Wolverine of the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.

Which is still pretty tough. I mean...bad hygiene is almost like a super villain.

So yeah...Wolverine is studying mutant mosquitoes. Sorry...Dr. Wolverine.

Wouldn't it be awful if fruit flies were like mosquitoes? Like, they suck the flesh out of a fruit? You open a banana, and it's empty inside! NO BANANA!

That's probably my worst nightmare ever.

I'm off to pretend I'm Wolverine. Again.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment