Monday, March 18, 2013

the fly of butter


Did you know that last Thursday was Learn About Butterflies Day? I know this because I have a pet butterfly that takes me on trips around the world.

I'm not tiny. The butterfly is actually huge. Like, airplane size. So it's a super comfy trip. Her name is Fufluns. She is magic.

Upon Fufluns' request, I started to think about how cool it is that a caterpillar turns into a butterfly! Have you REALLY sat down to think about this?! It LITERALLY becomes a new insect!

I know I say "literally" a lot. Especially when I mean figuratively but want to be more dramatic. This is NOT one of those times!

The caterpillar is born and has the BEST LIFE EVER because all it does is eat. THEN it forms the chrysalis by shedding its skin. YES. It just pushes its skin OFF.

Then, inside this chrysalis, it becomes goo and decides to completely reform itself into a TOTALLY NEW WINGED CREATURE. Can we take a moment to just wonder how incredible this is?

Can you imagine just shedding your skin into a case around you, turning to goo, and reforming your entire body into something else!

WHAT?! That's so crazy!

And why stop at wings?! I would give myself wings, a tail, a mane AND laser hands!

I don't know if that's biologically possible, but really, I'm caterfly goo, I do what I want.

I just wanted to make sure you knew that this happened in the world. Because, honestly, it's pretty, totally, incredibly radical.

I'm off to flutter by with a butterfly.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment