Wednesday, April 17, 2013

leave a message


I read something the other day about the new etiquette required for use with your mobile phone. Or "cell" phone, as the kids call it. And adults. And non-age specific people who like the word "cell."

The deal is this: If you call, don't leave a message unless it is SUPER important. Otherwise, the other person will see that you called and call you back. Or, after calling and getting to voicemail, hang up and text the voicemail message you WOULD have left.

Because reading a text takes less time than calling your voicemail and putting in your password and listening to the voicemail.

This way, you won't be a burden to the other person. Because leaving messages is rude and totally uncalled (pun intended) for these days.

Yet, only a few years ago, people would LOVE to get messages and voicemails! Not a burden at all getting to hear your friends! In fact, it was a small treat in the day! Now your voice is hindering their Facebook time!

How rude of you!

One of the (possibly many) reasons I don't have friends might be due to my voicemail messages. I leave long ones. LONG. The voicemail cuts me off. Then I call back to leave PART 2 of my message. Sometimes, but not often, requiring a trilogy of messages!

THAT is how you know I care about you. I'm willing to spend the time to rant and rave about absolutely nothing for 3 voicemail messages.

Currently, nobody calls me back. And generally text me to never call again.

I may have to rethink my methods. Instead of calling, I'll just text you with my message. Now you'll just have to get 30 texts at a time from me.

I'm just trying to be etiquettey. Because I'm a gentleman like that.

I'm off to mail a voice and text.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment