Friday, April 19, 2013

poll me maybe


There's a company that polls Americans. About anything and everything. They call themselves  Public Policy Polling. They are awesome because they ask the most RIDICULOUS questions.

They asked about aliens and conspiracies and stuff and it's amazing how many people believe in some things. I guess 47 million people believe the government is controlling our minds through TV.

Which, if they are, they're not getting a lot done. Unless they want people to not agree on politics most of the time, then they're doing a GREAT job.

They ALSO asked if the world is run by lizard people. 12 million people think this is true!  Totally, absolutely true!

Whaaaaat is going on in the world?! Did I completely miss something? Like...the actual existence of lizard people? And not just their existence, but the fact that they have jobs as government officials? With great benefits, possibly including heated rocks?

I'm pretty sure I've seen lizard people on Doctor Who and on Star Trek. Neither group decided to rule the human race. They were not terribly impressed.

I wish there were lizard people. I mean, humans are great and all, but we're all pretty much the same.  Biologically speaking. It would be nice to have a little more variety.

Maybe find an alien with two hearts. Or a lizard person with lizardy skin. Or Yoda.

Sometimes I like to believe that Star Trek is a documentary that was shot in the future and sent back in time as an awesome science fiction show. If they polled me on that, I would have totally said that Star Trek was 100% real.

And THAT is why lizard people sigh and hang their heads when they look at the human race.

I'm off to watch TV. Because the voices tell me to.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment