Friday, May 17, 2013

turn off your plants before you go to bed


Scientists in California want to light up your life! With plants! Bioluminescent plants!

First, I should mention that “bioluminescent” is one of the best words EVER. I wish I could say it more often. I actually should just add it into conversations I’m having.

You: “How’s the weather today?”

Me: “BIOLUMINESCENT!”

You: “…I have to go…”

Me: “Good talk! Bye bioluminescent!” (Get it? Like “bye bye?” I’m funny. And clever.)

So these scientists want to add bioluminescence to plants! If they do this, you could read a book by the ficus! Knit next to the gardenia!

Not only that! But, if they do this in trees, we won’t need headlights! The roads will be lit by all the trees! Forests will never be dark again!

Good for safety; bad for flashlight tag. You won’t be able to hide very well.

Unfortunately, I’ve never been able to keep a plant alive for very long. I tried it a few times. It…did not go well. Even the bamboo, which they said was nearly impossible to kill.

I guess I’ll just read and knit in the dark.

Or buy a jellyfish.

I’m off to BIOLUMINESCENT!

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment