Friday, June 28, 2013

building a dream

As you know, I love to share my dreams with you. Only because it’s so random when I actually remember one. I get so excited that something actually happened in my head and I want to share that happening with the world!

Or the 3 people who will read this!

Neil Gaiman is a writer. I first heard about him because he’s written some pretty epic comic books. "Sandman" is awesome and you should read it.

He’s also written many very good books for adults and children. He’s promoting his new book "The Ocean at the End of the Lane."

I tell you all of this because he was in my dream! I think it’s because I heard him promoting his book, so he was in my head.

Onto the dream! Neil and I are walking down the street talking when he remembers that he had to go to a school to answer questions from the kids there.

We go and for some reason, I’m challenged by the teacher. Not a fight or anything. The teacher asks me what I would build to defeat certain enemies if I only had an electric drill for protection.

The first guy was just really strong. I said I would build a giant wooden dragon to eat him. (Turns out I’m really talented with a drill. At least, I am in my dreams.)

The next guy was really tiny. Like, the size of a baseball. But he drove a really fast motorcycle! My solution? Just kick him. The teacher was satisfied with that.

My FINAL enemy was a guy in some sort of robotic bug suit. He could fly around and stuff! I said I would build a wooden cage, then take him to Germany, then eat German cookies until he shared all his secrets.

Then I woke up and looked online to find out what “German cookies” might be.

Guess what! THEY MAKE HONEY COOKIES. Very popular there. I love honey and I love cookies, but I had no idea they made a honey/cookie combo!

Germany is my new favorite cookie. As long as I don’t have to drill anything for them.

I’m off to chat with Neil Gaiman.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment