Tuesday, July 2, 2013

exit, pursued by a sith

Do you love Shakespeare?! Do you love Star Wars?! If so, I have a treat for you!

I just found out that somebody took “Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope” (the very first Star Wars movie that was released in 1977) and rewrote it in the style of…

SHAKESPEARE!

Yes! This is so profoundly epic that I can barely keep my insides from becoming my outsides! And vice versa!

It’s called “William Shakespeare’s Star Wars: Verily, A New Hope.” I found excerpts online and it’s magnificent.

I love Shakespeare and Star Wars. They’re both awesome. Ian Doescher realized that I would buy this and decided to write it. Just for me. Luckily, other people have awesome taste and it will probably be a best seller for a million, billion, quadrillion, flubillion years!

Ian made everything into iambic pentameter. If you know poetry, you know what that means. If you don’t, it doesn’t matter. Just know that Shakespeare approves.

Even R2-D2’s beeps are written in meter. It’s…I just don’t have the words. This makes me so excited.

This will sit on your shelf next to all those other Shakespeare classics like A Hoth Tale, A Midsummer Night's Disturbance in the Force, The Merchant of Vader, Han-let, Much Alderaan About Nothing, etc...

The only thing that could make me even mored exciteder would be if someone actually used this script to put on a play.

If you do that, call me forever until I answer my phone and please, please, please cast me in your show! I will do anything to be in it!

Buy the book. Read the book. Then buy it for me. Or you can buy one for me first. I’m cool with that.

I’m off to a “star-crossed galaxy far, far away.”

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment