Thursday, August 29, 2013

my dishwashing oven

Using the dishwasher to cook food is a thing. A real thing that people actually do. Look it up. I wish I could say it’s one of the random ideas I had that nobody should take seriously! But it’s not! It’s a real idea that people take for seriously reals!

They will actually use the dishwasher to cook food!

There are many recipes online for this! The most popular one seems to be salmon. Which, according to smart people, it basically poaches the salmon.

If you don’t know what poaching is, it’s what happens when you use hot water, steam, and dish detergent to cook food. People used to do it in 1887. Then they realized that it was gross and stopped in 1888.

There ARE other things you can cook in the dishwasher. Like lasagna! Just wrap it in tin foil and you have an authentic Italian dinner!

I know what you’re thinking. Isn’t this a waste of energy? YES! It is! UNLESS you fill the dishwasher with dishes first. Which you can do, as long as your food is in airtight containers.

That is how you cook in a dishwasher.

I would like to bake a cake and some cookies in the dishwasher. Because I want them to come out creamy and soft. Like the salmon. But tasting less like salmon and more like cookie-cake.

I don’t actually have a dishwasher. I just have a small oven. I DO have a sink AND a bottle of dish soap. So, I’m going to cook salmon in the sink tonight.

You should come over and try it. I’m sure it will be poach-a-licous.

After that, I’ll throw some cookie dough in the sink for a while for dessert.

My sink-dinner will blow you away! And by “blow you away,” I mean “make you sick and send you to the hospital.”

Practically the same thing.

I’m off to poach a dishwasher.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment