Wednesday, September 11, 2013

it’s a lighthouse

I want to live in a lighthouse. I didn't even know this was possible. I thought it only happened in movies and stuff!

Some guy, let’s call him Dave Waller, since that’s his name, just bought a lighthouse in Boston Harbor for $933,888. Because he wanted a vacation home and, like me, this guy totally thought vacationing in a lighthouse would be the COOLEST THING EVER.

Unlike me, he apparently has $933,888 to spend. On a vacation home. Meaning he already has a home somewhere used for work. Two homes. One is a lighthouse.

In my head, when you can spend that kind of money on a vacation home/lighthouse, I’m pretty sure your regular home is either the Batcave or an amusement park…or the space needle.

This is the most money spent on a lighthouse ever in the United States. I guess the previous record was $381,000.

Also, YOU CAN BUY A LIGHTHOUSE AND LIVE IN IT.

Maybe I have no idea what’s going on in the world, but I had no idea you could do that! I thought lighthouses were owned by the government or aliens or something and were only used for ocean safety. I figured some old sailor (possibly peg-legged) ran the place. That, or some sort of government official (also possibly peg-legged).

I guess he was able to buy it because the U.S. Coast Guard decided they didn’t need it anymore. Dave saw the listing and thought it was “a cool, cool place.”

You are correct, Dave. It is “cool, cool.” You know what else is cool, cool? Buying me a lighthouse. Or a Batcave. But just a lighthouse is fine. You can live in your Batcave. I’ll just make the light a Bat-Signal and turn it on when you’re needed. At sea.

Maybe a U.S. Coast Guard-Signal would be better. Since you’re Dave and not Batman. I don’t know how good you are in a crisis.

I’m off to get a house of stone and light.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment