Monday, September 16, 2013

the bird and the coconut

Sometimes news just boggles my mind. And yes, I DO mean the news will shake my head and then try to make words from all the letter cubes in there. Because that is exactly what I think is inside my head. Stork: 5 points!

A stork is in police custody in Egypt. As a suspected spy. This is a real story. A man was fishing when he saw a stork with an electronic device on it. And, an actual quote from the story, “Thinking it was an undercover agent, he captured the stork and took it to a police station…”

An undercover agent. Maybe I’ve been spoiled growing up in these United States, but I would never actually consider a bird being an “undercover agent” in real life. Maybe if I was just making up a story. But to actually, seriously consider that? I…have no words…

Turns out the stork was just a stork. Possibly delivering babies. Also, helping the French study its migration with a wildlife tracker. Because, obviously, that wouldn’t be your first thought.

And yet! When I say I have no words! If I could have even unmore than no words, I would for this!

A coconut is being held on suspicion of ballot-tampering in the Maldives.

I mean, I sometimes make up weird stories. And I WISH I could come up with stuff this creative!

The coconut was arrested because it was near a polling station. It had writing on it, so they thought it was using magic to influence the voters.

After a thorough investigation, the coconut was found innocent. Though, it is still being watched after multiple phone calls were made to a baby-less stork. And a lime.

I honestly can’t add anything to these stories. I wish I could say something funny and clever, but really, how can I compete?! They arrested a coconut! I mean, couldn’t they have just kicked it? Then it wouldn’t be near the polling station! Problem solved!

I truly love this world. I really, really do. And I love that I can find such stories in it. People never cease to amaze me, even if it’s for odd reasons, it still makes me happy that it all exists on this strangely beautiful planet.

I’m off to find a lime.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment