Friday, November 15, 2013

conversations with a cat

I have a neighbor with a cat. His name is Sammy and he meows A LOT. The cat, not the neighbor.

Every day I come home from work and Sammy starts meowing from under the stairs. That sounds weird, but it’s not. I live upstairs and Sammy lives below me.

I’ve lived here for a few years. And every day I will talk to Sammy. I’m not sure if I look crazy when I do this.

People can clearly hear Sammy meowing. He’s LOUD. So when I respond, people MUST know that I’m talking to the cat, right?

This is normal?

It will go something like this.

Sammy: Meow.

Me: Hi Sammy!

Sammy: Meow.

Me: I know, I heard.

Sammy: Meow.

Me: Seriously? I guess that’s cool.

Sammy: Meow.

Me: Don't tell me what happens, I'm not caught up yet!

Sammy: Meow.

Me: Ain’t that the truth!

And this will go on for 20 minutes or so. I actually have no idea what Sammy is meowing about. But in my head, he and I have a lot in common.

Also, I don’t know if this is weird, but I want to buy “Congrats” balloons and put them on random people’s mailboxes. Just to congratulate them on being them. And other people will think they achieved something special.

Sammy thinks this is also a good idea. So I’m pretty sure people will love it.

I’m off to chat with a cat.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment