Friday, November 22, 2013

scare your kids

I just read a story about some parents who move their children’s toys around every night so the kids think that they are alive.

Apparently the kids love it! I would have been so scared if I saw this every morning! Maybe I’m a little more skittish than other children, but if my dinosaurs were in different places every morning, my first thought would be, “when are they finally coming for me?!”

This is also a great time for me to thank my parents for not getting an elf that resides on a shelf...and moves while I sleep. That freaks me out!

What if you woke up one morning and the elf was in your bed. JUST STARING AT YOU.

My bed-wetting days would start all over again!

Speaking of that elf, turns out, through extensive DNA testing, the elf has a Jewish cousin. The Mensch on the Bench. This mensch has the same quirk of going out in the middle of the night and then finding himself somewhere else the next morning.

I don’t know if Elf and Mensch need help, but I’ve had friends who have had this problem of waking up in strange places every morning. Some counseling took care of (most of) their problems.

Now that I think about it, The Elf and the Mensch would be a great premise for a cop show.

But I digress. I think. I’m not sure if I really digress or if I actually intend on going where I go. It’s a mystery that only Detectives Elf and Mensch can solve!

Oh great, now I have the Law & Order theme song stuck in my head.

I’m off to make sure my toys aren’t plotting against me.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment