Monday, December 16, 2013

doorknobs and broomsticks

I had no idea that doorknobs were complicated objects...in Canada.

In Vancouver, the town has decided that every building should only be opened with levers INSTEAD of knobs.

And while both words are fun to say, Vancouver isn’t big enough for both of them. Even though it IS the eighth largest municipality in Canada. The seventh largest, Winnipeg, is still big enough for both knobs and levers. Brampton, on the other hand, at ninth largest, doesn’t even know what a knob is.

They might not even know what a door is. I never asked.

So why the big hoopla over doorknobs?! I guess people don’t like them. Some find them hard to use. I don’t know what’s going on in Canada to make doorknobs hard to turn, but somebody MIGHT be making them incorrectly.

What I do agree with is the decision to change all sinks and shower faucets as well. Because if I had a doorknob on those, it might be hard to turn when things get wet. Which sometimes happens around sinks and showers.

Well, at my sink and shower. I don’t know what YOU do around your sinks and showers, but I have lots of water.

Perhaps you just use sand. In that case, turning shouldn’t be a problem.

So unless Vancouverinians are making doorknobs out of butter and grease, they should be ok.

Oh…they are? Really? That’s…an odd choice for doorknob material.

Well then! Problem solved! Let’s lever this place up!

I’m off to turn the knob.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment