Friday, January 17, 2014

broadway and the bowl

I don’t know if football fans and Broadway fans are always the same. I’m sure there are some people who love both. But I imagine there aren’t too many.

I’m not a huge fan of football or musicals, so I really couldn’t tell you if people at "Wicked" are wearing Titans jerseys. Or if people at a Patriots game are singing about the hills being alive. Possibly with music.

Of course, if I went to see "Wicked," I would TOTALLY wear a Titans jersey. Go Titans! (Inside joke. Ask me about it sometime.)

I say this because the guy who made the sets for the Broadway musical “Kinky Boots” is the same guy who designed the luxury suites for MetLife Stadium in New Jersey!

Yes! THE David Rockwell! And since nobody REALLY wants to be outside in the cold for the Super Bowl, you can get access to your very own suite for only $400,000!

They have bars, refrigerators, big TVs (so you can see the game better), and fireplaces!

It’ll almost seem like you’re really at the game! If the game was being played in the backyard of your mansion.

Which kinda sounds like it makes more sense to me.

If you actually do want to be outside, don’t worry, they have heated leather seats ready for you. That way you can feel like a real fan. But everyone inside watching on the TV by the fire being served their hot chocolatinis and talking about the "Pippin" revival will think you’re crazy.

Oh, I almost forgot. The best line in the article. When asked about these suites, the guy in charge said, “It’s not often that we have the opportunity to offer suites to the general public.”

I have a feeling that my definition of “general public” might be slightly different. My “general public” can’t spend $400,000 to watch a football game on TV at a football game.

Again, I’m not a dictionary. But I know someone who is. I’ll ask her.

I’m off to sing about tackling. (What rhymes with tackle? Spackle?)

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment