Wednesday, January 15, 2014

watch out for verbs

Computer scientists know where the money is! Young Adult Fiction!

Ok…that might not be true. But they have created an algorithm to predict if a book will be a commercial success or not. It’s correct 84% of the time!

I imagine that they want to create a program with will just write books that sell a lot of copies. Then we wouldn’t need people writers anymore.

You wouldn’t need ME anymore! Imagine how great that would be! I wouldn’t have to write ever again! I’d have a program just spit out the perfect blog every day. And people might actually READ it.

I know! Crazy!

So how do you write a money-making book? Avoid cliches and the excessive use of verbs.  It also looks at the “interestingness” of the book.

How do I stop using verbs?! I don’t know if I can do that! And cliches! Those are my favorite kind of ches!

You want a story full of interestingnessicity?! Take this YA publishers!

Vampires gladly blood. Young woman in battle districts. Owls, letters, scars, magics, and friends. No evil.

Take that publishing world! I just schooled you!

Wait...that’s a cliche. Drat. It might also be verbed.

Maybe I should just wait for the computers to take over and start writing. Get rid of those pesky verbs. It’s not like they do anything. They just get in the way of nouning stuff.

I’m off to verb a cliche.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment