Monday, February 24, 2014

a tail of two species

Like me, you’ve probably gone to a farm, watched a chicken walk around, and thought, “That chicken is basically a Tyrannosaurus Rex with wings and a smaller tail.”

Well, you are right! Scientists have now created the Chicken Rex! They wanted to do some research about how the T-Rex walked, so they attached a dinosaur tail to some chickens to see what happened.

How awesome is that?! Imagine waking up as one of those chickens!

Chicken A: “Yawn! Wow. That was crazy. I had a dream that I was a dinosaur.”

Chicken B: “DUDE…I don’t want to alarm you. But that was no dream!”

Chicken A: “On my Perdue! It was real! I’m a dinosaur! Awesome!”

Chicken B: “We have to go show everybody!”

(a quick trip to the chicken coop)

Chicken A: “What’s up hens? Oh that? That’s just my dinosaur tail. No bigs. Anybody wanna ruffle some feathers?”

(starts to walk out of the coop)

Chicken A: “See you later Foghorn Leghorn! We’re gonna fly the coop!”

Foghorn: “I say, I say, I say, I say…now that’s a nice tail, boy!”

Don’t worry, they didn’t get far. They can’t drive. Or fly.

After watching the Chicken Rex for 12 weeks, scientists think they understand the T-Rex walk a little better.

If they want to do MORE research, I would be very willing to wear a dinosaur tail. Forever.

I really wish I had a tail. I have no idea why evolution got rid of it. Can you see any negatives of still having a tail? NO. Any positives? THOUSANDS.

I’m off to walk like a dinosaur.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment