Thursday, February 13, 2014

smell ya later

Let me get nasally nostalgic on you here. Nasalgic, I think, is the technical term.

Do you ever smell something and it reminds you of a moment from your childhood? That happened to me the other day. First, some backstory. Don’t worry, it’s really quick.

When I was a kid, Sunday morning was Donut Morning! Then we would visit my grandfather and uncles. It was awesome.

See? Super short story! But you needed to know it because that is what I thought about the other day!

I went to the gym, and when I got out of the car, the smell in the air reminded me of one of those mornings. I am not totally sure why.

Now, it’s possible that there was something in the air that smelled like my grandfather’s house. Also, there IS a Dunkin’ Donuts near my gym. So the smell of donuts COULD have been around. (Also, a great marketing move!)

Oddly enough, there is also a food processing plant next door. Which smells like ketchup most of the time. I don’t think they make catsup, but I don’t ask questions…not after what happened last year.

Anywhooooo, the air smelled like Donut Sunday.

I tell you all of this because a company in Paris has created an oPhone! For olfactory funness where you can text smells to people! Instead of just texting an emoji of a cup of coffee, the phone will emit a coffee smell!

So far, they’ve sent the smell of bread, flowers, and “the smell of Paris 300 years ago.”

I’m not sure if that’s something you want to send. People didn’t really shower much back then, so…you know...not flowery.

You know what’s a better smell? Donut Sunday! That’s what I would like you to text me. Actually, just bring me a donut. And a coffee. And a sundae. On a Sunday. Just text me that every day is Donut Sunday. I don’t care if it smells. In fact, please make it NOT smell.

I’m off to wax nostalgic. With scented candle wax.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment