Monday, August 13, 2012

drive up and down in a rickshaw


Chen is a rickshaw kind of guy. Because he owns one and drives it around. From China to London! He started his trip in 2010, traveled for two years and finally got to London for the 2012 Olympics.

Next stop? Rio. For the 2016 Olympics.

So, why travel in a rickshaw through war zones, floods, and mountains you ask? Chen said it was all he could afford.

Also, even though Chen didn't say this, I'm pretty sure it's because CHEN IS CRAZY AWESOME!

86,000 miles! In two years! In a rickshaw! If I could actually use a rickshaw every day of my life, I would. I mean, they're probably the 4th coolest form of transportation. Maybe tied at 4th. Giant snails are really cool, too.

I have no idea what Chen had to go through, but I can only imagine how hard it was to travel through dragon-infested mountains and megagator-infested swamps! And rain! I would not be able to deal with that. I hate wet socks.

OH! I should change my name to Rick Shaw. Private Eye. I could solve mysteries while driving around on an old WWII motorcycle. (To throw people off. Because they would EXPECT a rickshaw.)

And I'd carry a nunchucks. WHAM! Didn't see THAT coming, did ya!

Chen and I would solve mysteries and save the world once a week. Then enjoy a laugh over tea after our adventures were over.

In fact, in my head, this has already been going on for a few years. It's been awesome. Thanks for the good times, Chen.

I'm off to change my name.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment