Wednesday, November 14, 2012

anybody call for a hot straw


I've never been a fan of straws. They generally cause me some sort of injury. And if I REALLY want to drink something, then I WANT IT ALL!

Even if it is ICE COLD! (That's funny if you read my last entry. It's really not funny if you did not. Actually, it's not terribly funny either way.)

So when a friend of mine was talking about the whiteness of her teeth and worried that all the coffee she was drinking would ruin that white glow, it got me thinking. Is there a straw for hot?

YES!

There are a few companies that make straws out of GLASS! Glass that can withstand the heat of a fresh mug of coffee!

There is also a plastic straw that will tolerate temperatures over 200 degrees Fahrenheit! (That's 93.3 degrees Celsius!)

Sadly, I could not find bendy straws made of glass. Probably because glass doesn't bend. Well, it does, but if I were to bend a glass straw, it would be less of a straw and more of a stabbing device. And I don't want to drink a hot beverage with a stabbing device.

I've tried that before. It hurts.

I used to have a straw that had a bunch of loops and turns on it when I was a kid. That was awesome. You could watch the drink flow up and do all sorts of tricks to get to your mouth. It's like making liquid dance. For its destruction!

Dance for me, liquid! Dance to you DOOM!

It may be noted that I have delusions of controlling the elements. Like Captain Planet.

I'm off to combine my powers.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment