Thursday, November 15, 2012

no taxation on chocolatification


I was such a huge fan of France. I mean, for almost a whole week I couldn't stop writing about them! For me to be excited about something for a WHOLE WEEK is pretty impressive!

With all their gastronomy fairs and towers and chocolate-marshmallow bears and dijon! Who couldn't love France?!

Turns out I can't. Because of the "Nutella Tax."

Go ahead. I'll wait for the GASP...GASP!

France is worried about the obesity problem. YES! The place where there is a WHOLE FAIR DEDICATED to EATING FOOD.

The place where they celebrate marshmallow bears COVERED IN CHOCOLATE.

The place where people CHUG MUSTARD because it's all dijony!

Ok...that last one might not be true. But it SOUNDS true.

They want to put taxes on taxes on taxes for palm oil. An ingredient in Nutella.

If that's the way France wants to play, then I don't want any part of it. I do know that if this DOES happen, we'll probably have thousands of French people coming to America where the Nutella flows like the mighty Mississippi.

Well, at MY house it does. Because I built a mountain out of chocolate and I pour Nutella down it every day to make Nutella rivers. Sometimes I put little candy boats on it. If the sun is out, you might even get a chocolate rainbow.

I love chocolate rainbows.

I'm off to chug mustard.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment