Friday, December 28, 2012

do you need help


Okay, so I think I've mentioned before that people talk to me. Randomly. When I go out. Usually it’s just people in line at a store or something. Usually about nothing. There could be a bunch of other people in line, but they talk to me.

I don’t mind. I just never know what to say to people. I’m not good with the art of conversation. Have you ever seen me draw a picture? It’s pretty bad. And I’m better at the art of art than with the art of conversation.

Lately, there’s been a new phenomenon. The "do you need help" situation.

I go to stores to buy things. Sometimes people offer to help me find something in the store. There are many stores that I am completely ready for this. I KNOW it’s going to happen.

Then, there is the grocery store. I have to shop at different grocery stores because I’m very…particular (neurotic)…about some of the foods I buy. I only like ONE kind. Because…well…I have no good reason. We just have to accept it.

One of my grocery stores that encourages me to slow down and take my time to purchase things (rather than sell me with large letters) has started offering help. To find things.

This never really happened before. I’m not sure, but I might look lost all the time. Maybe I look dim. I don’t know. But for the past few weeks, every time I go shopping there, somebody asks, "Do you need help finding anything?"

This has happened with people from all ages and departments.

Do I need help? Probably. But I didn’t know they were qualified for that. Could this be an intervention of some sort? Like when everybody is after Neo in The Matrix? Only, less "human computer program" and more "you should talk to a therapist."

Maybe I should have asked for help finding the red and blue pills.

I’m off to find what I’m shopping for.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment