Wednesday, December 5, 2012

what's my age again


I wasn't sure how to react to a woman who asked me if her son would ever calm down. I was getting coffee at a wonderfully-named national chain. I say wonderfully-named because, even though the company was created in the magical realm of Seattle, the name came from a fictional character from New England!

I also like to think that if I ever roamed the universe, I would use Star Bucks to pay for everything.

So it's kinda perfect. They also make my favorite sugar-filled coffee perfect every time.

Anywheezee, this lovely lady said that I reminded her of her 5-year-old son. He apparently gets very excited about a lot of things.

She asked me if that ever changes.

I said, "Nothing changes, fellow coffee-gettin-lady! You're in for a world of fun!"

Then I told her to read my blog. And put a little salt in her coffee. And watch as I ride the escalator like a whale!

(That's funny because of the Moby Dick reference!) (Look it up, it's hilarious!)

Then I ran back to her and said, "Nothing changes because I AM YOUR SON FROM THE FUTURE! And all of this is just a dream!"

(Don't worry real mom in the current timeline, I was just kidding with her. You are, in fact, my mother. From the present.)

I gave her a big hug and ran off with my coffee yummery and eluded security for a good fourteen minutes. They eventually caught me buying a  pretzel hugging a hot dog.

I told them that in the future these don't exist, so I would like one before I return.

They told me to leave and never return.

Which I did. With my pretzel/hot dog companion.

I'm off to find a Star ATM for some Star Bucks.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment