Monday, February 11, 2013

hello, my name is asteroid


But my friends call me 2102 DA14. Or D-troid for short. Because I'm cool like that.

Okay, I'm not really an asteroid. I'm me. But it would be totally cool if I could be an asteroid! And do asteroid-y things! Like...orbit stuff...in space.

So on Friday, D-troid will fly by Earth. Really, really close. Closer than the satellites that help us find directions and watch cartoons and stuff!

The closest moment will be at 2:26pm on February 15. 17,200 miles away. (That's 27,680 kilometers). A satellite is about 22,000 miles above the Earth.

This asteroid is 150-feet wide. About half the size of a football field. I hope that comparison helps. I have no idea what a football field looks like. I imagine a football field to have mountains and deserts and desserts and stairs. I'm not a big fan of stairs, so I don't really pay attention.

Luckily, this asteroid won't hit any football fields. But if that was a fear, I know how to get rid of it.

My triangle spaceship.

It doesn't take turns very well, but it spins great. And if I jet forward a little, I can spin it again. Then I go "pew pew pew" and blow up asteroids.

Sometimes flying saucers get in my way. I take care of them too. I'm a ruthless triangle.

Also, Ruthless Triangle would be a great name for a band. And a great name for a super secret space program to destroy asteroids. Which it may or may not be. I'm not at liberty to say. Because I keep good secrets.

But just a heads up, if you see a flying isosceles, get out of the way.

I'm off to catch an asteroid.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment