Friday, February 22, 2013

takes a washin


I totally washed my headphones. ALMOST put them in the dryer, too! Well...I DID put them in, but I remembered them right after I started it.

I have those little in-ear headphones. I actually had a pair for many years, but they were dying. I could tell they were dying because something inside the headphones was rattling. Even when I wasn't listening to Rattle Jazz. Which is great to listen to, but not when you're listening to Bach.

I know, the headphones were baroque, so they're perfect for Bach! Ha! (Classical music fans will love that one.)

So I bought a pair of really cheap headphones to replace the rattle ones. They sound great! No rattle!

I listen to music on my phone because I'm hip like that. When I'm using my phone as a phone, I don't need the headphones. I take them off and put them in the pocket of my gym hoodie.

This is my hoodie for gym time only because it gets all sweaty and will be washed more often than the ungym hoodie.

Guess what! Forget the headphones were in the pocket! Washed the hoodie. THEN put it in the dryer. As I was walking out of the Laundromat, I had an epiphany.

It was amazing. I realized how we could utilize wormholes for interstellar travel.

As soon I figured that out, I thought about listening to music during these interstellar travels. Then I realized that my shiny, new headphones were currently getting dried in a machine that's probably not supposed to be drying headphones.

I ran in and pulled them out. I forgot how to find wormholes, but after hanging my headphones on my clothes rack for a night, they still work.

Now I only hear rattles when babies do their avant-garde jazz. Which, if you ever want to hear somebody scat without abandon, listen to baby jazz.

I'm off to scootily bop bop.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment