Friday, May 24, 2013

that's a good snack

I was thinking about going to the movies. I don't actually go very often, but I THINK about it LOTS.

Did you know that you can buy popcorn at the movies? It's a pretty popular choice for a movie-snack. Candy is also very popular.

And, if the movie theater is awesome, pizza, nachos, and pretzels are also popular. Actually, they pretty much have anything you could ever want there. It's really just a food court...with movies.

Do you think they'd let me make my own snack? I kinda want to try something. I'll buy a medium popcorn, but ask if they can put it in the large bucket. THEN! I'll buy a bunch of candy. Like gummy bears and Skittles and M&M's and Twizzlers and put them all in the bucket and shake it around so I have a candy/popcorn Bucket Of Fun!

Wait...why are M&M's possessive? What do they own? I always thought one candy-coated chocolate was a single M&M and that many of them were M&Ms. But NO. They are officially M&M's!

After hours of research, I found out for you! They are named after the guys who invented them. Mars and Murrie. So, do Mars and Murrie still claim ownership to every candy-coated chocolate in every bag we buy?

They do! The bag says "M&M's Chocolate Candies!" I've been wrong all these years! I call them M&Ms, but that's not what they are! They're just officially Chocolate Candies!

I can't believe I never knew this. Luckily, everybody knows what I'm looking for when I say M&M's. If they made frozen fish or glass cleaner, it might have caused some problems in my life.

Me: "I'm in the mood for M&M's."

You: "To clean your mirrors? Or did you want M&M's Fish Sticks and Custard?"

Me: "Not those! The Chocolate Candies!"

You: "Oh! Well, you should be more specific since M&M's owns multiple items."

Me: "I really should be. But since this conversation is imaginary, it's not really a problem."

Correct! It is not a problem! But, it could have been if Mars and Murrie didn't get lazy and stop at chocolate candies.

I'm off to get a bucket of fun.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment