Friday, July 19, 2013

my blue world

The search for planets in our gigantalicious universe is quite a challenge. Lots and lots of them are far away. By “far away,” I mean REALLY FAR AWAY.

One of these planets is 63 light years away. It’s called HD 189733b. Or, as I like to call it, Snuzzles.

Snuzzles is Blue. Like Earth! Except differentish.

On Snuzzles, it rains molten glass. That’s right! Molten glass! I have just decided that if I could have a super power, I would like to make it rain molten glass. NOBODY would mess with me!

How scary would it be to have molten glass falling on you?! You would need a lead umbrella!

Imagine the last time you were walking around in the rain and you stepped in a puddle. Now image that puddle being MOLTEN GLASS. Goodbye heels! And feet!

We’d have to wear metal galoshes!

Mine would be a red. I would paint them with anti-molten paint.

It’s like waterproofing. For MOLTEN GLASS. (I’m currently mildly obsessed with saying molten glass.)

So astronomers know that Snuzzles is blue with molten glass rain. It’s not really a place you might want to visit, but it’s pretty cool to think about what kind of animals would evolve on that kind of world.

Probably something cute. Like a baby sloth. With super strong fur that can handle molten glass! And have poison-tipped razor claws!

For extra protection.

I’m off to molten glass.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment