Thursday, September 19, 2013

candy, catsup, coins, and canada

What’s up with this?! How come all the good stuff happens in Canada?!

Seriously. I mean, I’ve praised Canada a million times for the amazing candy they sell there.

Sugar is practically the major food group in these United States! (At least, it is for me. It should be for you, too.) But for some reason, you can’t find a Wunderbar or a Coffee Crisp here. I have NO idea why.

Editor’s Note: If you never had a Wunderbar, find one. Imagine a Butterfinger and a Caramello having a baby. THAT is a Wunderbar. Also known as heaven.

Another Editor's Note: It's not a real baby. Don't eat babies.

If we’re not eating candy, we’re probably having potato chips. Lately, I’ve seen more and more catsup/ketchup chips in the United States. But I couldn’t find them for years. And even now that I CAN find them, none taste as good as the Canadian ones.

It’s weird that it took so long. I mean, we put catsup/ketchup on fries all the time. Why not chips?

But I digress. More than usual. The REAL reason I’m alliterating my headline comes down to money. Specifically…coins. Even morer specificallyer…Superman.

Canada is minting Superman coins! For his 75th birthday! Why isn’t the United States doing this?

If you don’t know, Superman was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster. Joe was born in Toronto, but Jerry was born in Cleveland! And Superman was created in Cleveland!

I think it’s only fitting to put Superman on every denomination of our currency. Presidents on bills are lame. Supermans on bills is AWESOME.

Can I order Superman coins from Canada? Sure. Would I rather get Superman from my ATM. YES!

At least Canada knows how to mint money!

I’m off to make it minter.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment