Monday, October 28, 2013

meet a tree

There’s a commercial for a large toy company that is getting some people upset. It’s a bus full of children on a field trip. They are on a “Meet the Trees Foundation” tour. And, as the name says, they are supposed to meet trees!

Which, to me, sounds awesome! The kids on the bus are not so excited. They are bored. UNTIL the bus driver says that they are going to a toy store!

Finally, the kids are happy. But kids, as the complainers say, should love toys and trees! Just like me! I love trees!

Especially during autumnfall! It may sound a little sentimental, but I was driving around everywhere this weekend and saw tons of amazing colors from the trees.

One section of road had trees that were all a dark red color. Then another area had a bunch of light green/yellow leaves. It was like a lemon-lime tree!

It did not taste like Sprite, though. Trust me. It tasted more like…um…tree, I guess.

OH! You know what else is cool?! When I see leaves just falling! It's totally nonchalant! It’s no big deal to them. It’s like, “I think I’ll just let go of the tree and float down to the ground…whatevs…”

It’s like a metaphor about life. I have no idea what the metaphor is, but it’s really, really deep.

I also love driving down a road that has a lot of leaves on the ground and in my rearview mirror I see them fly up behind me. It makes me feel like I’m going super-fast! Even though I’m on a 25 mph road! (I go 27 mph to make the leaves go crazy! Shh...don't tell the authorities.)

Is it bad that kids would rather play with toys than learn about trees? I don’t know. Maybe they should make Teenage Mutant Ninja Leaves. That might get kids more interested in foliage.

It would also make for an awesome cartoon that I will watch every day.

I’m off to see if the brown leaves taste like chocolate.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment