Monday, November 4, 2013

3D, meet B2

When I was a kid, I always made sure I had enough riboflavin (or, for you B Vitamin groupies, B2), because it was always important for time traveling.

Actually, as an adult, I still feel the same way. Since I am traveling through time every second of every day, I make sure to keep the riboflavin coming. I even try to get some EXTRA riboflavin during the time change. Because, you know, I don’t want to get lost in time forever!

Well science has decided to create humans who can travel through time WITHOUT worry! By giving us riboflavin organs!

Okay, so they don’t come right out and SAY that’s what it’s for, but I saw Looper, so I know what’s going to happen.

Scientists have been making artificial tissue and medical implants for people with 3D printers. One problem with making these implants is that they have to use a toxic “photoinitiator.”

You don’t need to know what that is, but just know that it’s toxic and is bad to put in your body.

Instead of toxins going in you, they found out that B2 works as a photoinitiator! So you can have slightly less toxins in your body!

And travel through more time than ever before! I mean, if you replaced all your organs with riboflavinized organs, you could probably go back 100 years or something!

At least, your organs would travel just fine. But really, it’s a bad idea to only send certain parts of you through time.

I find it amazing that we can print out new tissue for our bodies. And even MORE amazing that it can be photoinitiated with something I find in Froot Loops! (Which, I hear, is the only thing you’re allowed to eat if you constantly travel through time.)

I wonder if I could create a new organ. I don’t know where I would put it, but maybe there’s some room next to the spleen.

I’m off to close the loop.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments:

Post a Comment